Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ocean-Themed Bathroom

I just finished painting an ocean-themed bathroom for a very sweet family. The ideas for the ocean creatures I painted on the wall came from their cute shower curtain. Here's the shower curtain...

and here's the mural I painted...
See anything missing on the shark?! Yes, I accidentally forgot to paint the bottom fin! I'll have to go back and add that!
I also painted 2 canvases from images on their kleenex container. Here's the kleenex container...
and here's the canvasses I painted...
You can't tell from these photos but I added real sand to the paint for a 3-D textured effect. I also hot-glued rope to the edges (after I already snapped photos of the canvasses). It was a very fun room to paint!
Speaking of canvasses, here's a few more I have painted in the past...



Funny how I love to paint "girly" things but most of my canvasses have been typically for boys ;-)

1 comment:

MelissaC said...

Very cute, Christy! You are so talented!