Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love to shop garage sales - hate having them!

We had a garage sale this past Thursday and Friday with two other families. Mark my words - this is my last garage sale EVER and please remind me of this next year when I'm caught in a lie and am thinking of having another one. While I had a great time hanging out with my girlfriends that I had the sale with and enjoyed chatting with friends that stopped by - it is just WAY too much work for very little pay. I'm thinkin' donations are the way to go from now on.

The kids even got into it, too. They made signs and were holding them up as cars drove by. They also yelled things like, "Garage Sale! We've got real cheap stuff! Come to our garage sale!" I was a little afraid they were going to scare people away but we actually had some people stop because they saw our kids holding up signs. There's nothing like free advertising!

No comments: