Saturday, November 8, 2008
5:00 – 7:30 pm
Bailey Educational Foundation
On the campus of Bailey Medical Center
* Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres
* Live jazz music
* Fashion show (with local models from Owasso)
emceed by KJRH news anchor, Karen Larson
* Silent Auction
Tickets are $30 per person and may be purchased at First Bank of Owasso, Surcee or Uptown Salon
You don't want to miss this fun and exciting event that raises money for a worthwhile cause!
Community Footprints is an organization dedicated to raising funds for local organizations, charities and causes in order to make a difference in the lives of people in our community. Each year, they will hold a fundraising event benefiting a different organization, charity or cause.
Owasso Meals on Wheels Facts...
* Expenses for meals are $1100-$1500 p/month.
* They currently serve approximately 175 clients weekly. Eligibility is based on mobility (i.e., homebound or unable to prepare a meal for themselves.)
* Meals are prepared in a commercial kitchen in Tulsa at a cost of $3.10 p/meal.
* There are currently 58 MOW volunteers in Owasso (as of July 2008).
* MOW Owasso was chartered in 1985.
* About 50% of Owasso's MOW clients pay nothing. The rest of the clients pay some. They are asked to pay "whatever they can comfortably afford."
* MOW is a 501(c)(3) organization.