Sunday, June 29, 2008

Helpful advice for parents...

Since kids don't come with an instruction manual, I love to read books and listen to CD's or radio podcasts on parenting and raising children. I have two favorite shows I like to listen to on Saturdays on AM 970 Tulsa talk radio. The first one is called Heartlight Radio with Mark Gregston and it airs at 8:00 a.m.. His show is mostly on parenting teens but much of it I can use even now in raising my young girls - plus, it helps me prepare for their future.

The second show I like to listen to is Moms in Touch which airs at 12:30 p.m. Moms in Touch works kind of like a support group for mothers and focuses on the importance of praying for our children. Even though they focus a lot on kids who attend public or private school - and we homeschool - it simply impresses on me how I need to be actively praying for my children.

The great thing about those 2 shows is that you can listen to their podcasts on the computer at any time if you're not able to listen to them when they originally broadcast. If you're a parent, you ought to check them out!

No comments: