Saturday, February 19, 2011

Capitol Day 2011

Our homeschool co-op attended the Homeschool Day at the Capitol this past week. It was a great time - and especially fun to attend with friends! We went last year for the first time so now we look forward to going again every year.

My friend, Rusti, has a brother, Rick Brinkley, who was recently elected Senator and represents the Owasso area. I also know Rick because he was our pastor when we first moved here and he dedicated Mackenzie when she was a baby. He's a great guy and I know he's going to do an amazing job in politics because he's such a servant of the people. I remember several years ago, Steve had to have an emergency appendectomy and he met us at the hospital with tooth brushes, tooth paste, snacks and anything else we might have needed for our stay at the hospital. Such a thoughtful guy!

I digress! So Rusti's daughter got to actually sit with Rick at his desk during their morning legislative meeting. I thought that was such a neat experience for her! Rick's personal assistant then took us on a tour of the Capitol building.

Here's pics from our fun day...




After our visit to the Capitol, we went to the OKC Science Museum...


Then we went to see my dad and step-mom's family. The girlz had dinner with them...



and cake...


while I went to dinner with some old friends I hadn't seen in a long time...

Debbie, me, Tracie & Kristi
Love those girls! Tracie, Kristi and I grew up together from about kindergarten to 6th grade then they moved away and we lost touch. We've recently found each other again on facebook and it's been so fun catching up with them and seeing pics of their sweet families on-line. Kinda makes me feel like we've never lost touch! 

It was such a fun day! I look forward to doing it all over again next year!

No comments: