Thursday, September 23, 2010

Training for the Tri

The Owasso YMCA is hosting a kid's triathlon and my girlz have decided they want to do it. So -

they've been biking...


swimming...


and running...


to get ready for the race. They've really been working hard to prepare for the big day but I've also stressed to them how it's not really that important to win - but that it's more important to try their best and to have fun. I think so many families get caught up in competition - gotta win, gotta be #1, gotta be the best. I just want them to enjoy this experience and know that staying healthy is important and exercise is part of taking care of our bodies. I'm looking forward to watching them in a few weeks and supporting them in their choice to stay healthy and have fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK that is so cute! I love it!! You are such a good mom.