Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses

Today the girlz and I went to our favorite place for lunch, The Pink House in Claremore. I asked "A" why she liked it so much and she said, of course, "because it's pink!"



"M" had the grilled cheese sandwich...


"A" had a ham and cheese sandwich...


and I don't like having my picture taken...


I mean, I had the chicken tortilla casserole. DeLiCiOuS and absolutely no fat calories - yeah, right!


Unfortunately, we stuffed ourselves pretty good and didn't have room for our favorite dessert, baked fudge.


Then we did our next favorite thing after eating at the Pink House - antiquing!



Since it is a school day, I thought we better tie something "educational" into our outing and since we've been studying the Colonial time period, we were on a search for colonial pieces. We actually found lots of colonial style hats, shoes, and kitchenware - not to mention these Avon perfume holders.


Hey, this bicycle can be yours for the mere price of $700! What a bargain!


And our last stop was the doll shop...


Today is one example of why I love homeschooling so much - getting to experience life with my girls because life passes you by so fast. Blink and you'll miss it, so take time to slow down and smell the roses!

No comments: