Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas 2011 Wrap Up

Steve and I have been busy redecorating our dining room and I've fallen behind on blogging. So here's my Christmas 2011 Wrap-Up - better late than never ;-)

We had a great time celebrating Christmas with family and friends this year!

Of course, we always love to decorate for Christmas. I was in Uganda the first 2 weeks of Christmas last year so I didn't really decorate that much. This year, Steve says it looks like Christmas threw up in our house ;-)


Our girls held a Christmas Party at our house with a few of their friends and their dolls. They made all the invitations, planned all the food, games, and crafts and pretty much did everything themselves. They did a great job and I think all the girls had lots of fun...




The girls had a blast at their Annual Christmas Tea Party with The Girls Club. They did a cookie exchange, decorated an oversized sugar cookie, played games, sang Christmas carols, and ate yummy snacks. This is one event they definitely look forward to every year!


The Friday before Christmas, my Mom came over and we celebrated with her. We had a very "traditional" pizza dinner ;-), the girls performed Christmas songs for us, and we opened gifts. We opened gifts from my aunt in Washington and the girls also exchanged their gift to each other that night, too...



The next day, we went to Oklahoma City to celebrate with my family. First we went to my sister's where we had a yummy lunch of crock pot potato soup, decorated a birthday cake for Jesus, and had fun dancing with Dance Kids on the Wii...



Then we went to my dad and step-moms - a few miles away from my sister's. The girls had fun making t-shirt scarves with my sister, Rachel...


Photo by my sister, Anna
We had dinner together, visited, and opened gifts. It was great to see everyone, especially my relatives from San Antonio!


The next day was Christmas Eve. Our church had a great Candlelight Christmas Eve service...


Then the girls prepared milk, cookies, and letters to Santa in hopes that he might come that night...




Looks like he came! Whew! ;-)


Christmas morning...


That afternoon, we went to Steve's Aunt's house in Claremore for a delicious lunch and catching up with relatives...





The next we celebrated with Steve's family at his parent's house in Sperry...




My favorite part of opening gifts there is always the homemade gifts that Steve's mom and the kids make for us. They are always so special to me...










So Christmas is now over and it's time to start a new year. Looking forward to all it has to offer and all the fun memories we'll be making with friends and family! Happy 2012!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Such cute pjs on the girls on Christmas Eve.