Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Par-tay With Wild Things

Today was our little friend, Sarah's, birthday and her party theme was based on the children's book "Where the Wild Things Are". So, for her gift, I decided to make her a "Wild Things" canvas. It was very simple to make & I was pretty happy with how it turned out...


First, I painted the outside rim black. Then I tore, inked, and Mod Podged scrapbook paper to the background. Next, I printed off quotes and pictures from the book, cut those out and Mod Podged those to the canvas, as well. (I downloaded the font from here. It's called "Men In Black" and it looks very similar to the actual font used in the book.)



I had to add a picture of Sarah that I cut out from her party invitation. It was too cute to not use. Last, I covered the canvas in glitter Mod Podge - because you can never have enough glitter if you're a girl.


I also ordered a "Where the Wild Things Are" iron-on from an eBay shop and put it on a t-shirt for the birthday girl. Time did not allow for me to bling it up for her but I'm pretty sure her mamma can dress it up ;-)


So - I know it's a little odd to take pictures at a birthday party that is not for your own child - but everything was so cute, I just had to take pics! Here's a few of the decor and party favors...


It was also a swim party so, of course, here's a few pool pics. And yes, our family needs that pink kayak! Even the boys liked it! :-)





The kids received super cute "Wild Things" towels that my friend, Brandi, made. They turned out so super cute!


The kids also ate some yummy pizza and chocolate chip cookie for b-day "cake"...




And check out these fun lollipop party favors the kids got to take home...


L-O-V-E.


It was a super fun party for a super fun girl!




1 comment:

Steph said...

awesome Christy. I was checking out your blog today. I have been away from blogging from some time. this is so cute