Monday, April 18, 2011

Spa Day Bathroom Makeover

So we needed one more thing to do this weekend because Kwero just wasn't enough to keep us busy ;-)

I got the hair brained idea that since the girls were spending the weekend with Steve's parents that we should redecorate their bathroom as a surprise. Poor Steve. How he puts up with me, I'll never know.

So we painted the bathroom MY currently favorite color - turquoise - and went to town with a "spa" theme...

I actually painted this spa girl on canvas material for a local business that hosted spa parties a few years ago. They recently closed their business and when I saw they were selling everything in their store, including my canvas, I thought it could make a great shower curtain! So now it resides in my girl's bathroom and it helped dictate the theme. I just added the zebra ribbon to give it a finished look. As I told a friend, I can't sew, but I do have mad glue gun skills!  ;-)


The turquoise was a little too plain, so I added some swirly lines and mis-shaped hearts...


LOOOOVE this clock (in MY favorite pattern) - $20 @ Target...


I hung toile and zebra striped ribbon around the mirror and painted black accents to frame it...


I bought these cute little utensil holders at Target for $10. Added ribbon & made domino magnets customized for the girls and voila! Cute little containers for their "beauty supplies"...




I made this shadow box of Abby's first bathing suit. It has actually hung in their bathroom for years now but I just can't part with it...


And what spa bathroom would not be complete without shells and candles?


And new towels finished off the bathroom. Mackenzie is way into zebra stripes right now and Abby's favorite colors are blue and green...


And here's video of "The Reveal". It starts about 15 seconds into it...


You'll never guess what the girls are doing right now as I type this - yep, spa day :-D

No comments: