Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Backwards Birthday Party

"M" celebrated her 11th birthday last night at a super fun party place in Collinsville called Soiree. My friends, Misty and Fawn, are the owners and they know how to do a party up right! This is such a busy time of the year and with my trip coming up - it was a HUGE blessing for me to leave the party planning to the professionals! And I'm pretty sure this was one of "M's" favorites of all time!

She wanted to have a "Backwards Party" but it wasn't one of the options Soiree had available. However, they were very flexible and ended up liking the idea so much, they added it to their list of themes! I think I had as much fun as the girls did - I can't even remember the last time I laughed so much.


Their windows were decorated super cute for Christmas. And the inside was decorated with "M's" favorite color scheme - black, pink and white. Since it was a Backwards Party, everyone wore their clothes backwards or inside out - they all looked so hilarious! When the girls arrived at the party, Misty and Fawn yelled, "Goodbye! I hope you had a great time! See you later!" The girls received name tags with their names written backwards and the entire night was spent trying to say things backwards or the opposite of something. I'm pretty sure I drove everyone nuts by the end of the night taking pics and yelling out corny things like, "Look away!", "Spread apart and frown for the picture!", etc. Parents are supposed to be corny, though, right?! 

Shortly after everyone arrived, we sang "You To Birthday Happy!"...


Then it was time to eat. We had pizza - AFTER cake, of course. Steve's mother made some AwEsOmElY cute and yummy backwards cupcakes (frosting on the inside). The chairs were on the tables so the girls had to eat their food underneath - it cracked me up! While the girls were eating, everyone shared what they "didn't" like about "M"...


Backwards Musical Chairs was next...


Followed up with opening gifts, then a fun game of "Sardines" - a.k.a. Backwards Hide and Seek (the next few videos are dark because the lights were out)...



Of course, they did some karaoke-ing...


And we finished the night with a little Cha Cha Slide...


Such a fun party! I highly recommend Soiree to anyone seeking a place to have a birthday party or special occasion! They did a FAB job!!!

No comments: