Monday, May 24, 2010

Fun Weekend With Friends

This past Saturday, we had a garage sale with two other friends and was able to get rid of a lot of stuff. It was kind of a sad day for me because the girlz have decided they want their own bedrooms so that means we have to say good-bye to our dance room :-(  This means we also have to say good-bye to their dress-up clothes. Apparently, the girlz have grown before my eyes and are no longer interested in dress-up. Sad, sad day for me.

Farewell dance room. You will be no more in a few weeks. Excuse me while I grab a tissue...

So anyway, we sold a lot of the dress-up clothes at the sale along with lots of other things that they have grown out of - like all of our Barbie videos! Again - sad day for mom. The girls had so much fun selling lemonade and baked goods at the sale, too. All the money they raised was donated to Project Hope Worldwide which helps orphans and widows in need. I was so proud that they wanted to put their money to a worthy cause.


The girls also took a fun crochet class at Classroom Corner - one of our favorite stores in Owasso. "A's" beginner class made cute crocheted bracelets and bookmarks and "M's" more advanced class made dish towels. I'm so glad they have an interest in crocheting and I always love to see what they will create next!

No comments: