Sunday, May 3, 2009

Run to Breathe 5K

I just ran my first 5K yesterday and what an experience it was! We had very unusual weather for May - cold and rainy. And I don't mean just sprinkling - it was pouring down rain. I suppose in a way it was a good thing because it made us run faster! My friend, Brandi, and I ran the route last weekend to make sure we could even run that far. Our time then was about 42 minutes but our time at the race was 34:34! That's pretty good for us! Even though I was totally dreading running in the bad weather, I'm so glad I did and it was actually a lot of fun! Plus, the proceeds went to a great cause - cystic fibrosis. Here's a few pics from the run...


You couldn't miss Brandi and me in our pink rain ponchos! This is a pic of us with Jennifer Palmer. The race was actually held in memory of her sweet daughter, Haley, who lost her battle with CF a few years ago. Jennifer has amazing strength and always has a smile on her face. She's a true inspiration to all who come across her path.

Post race - sopping wet but we did it!!!

My friends, Maribeth & Heather

Group pic of all the runners
Mayor Cautadella thanking everyone for participating in the run
Handing out medals and door prizes
My friend, Katie, won 1st in her age group ;-)

1 comment:

Margo said...

I'm so proud of you and Brandi! Great job!!