Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day '09

I had a very nice Mother's Day yesterday and have done a lot of reflection lately about being a mom and how blessed I am to have my 2 sweet girls in my life.

After church, we went to Steve's parent's house to celebrate Mother's Day with his parents, his sister and her family. We had a delicious lunch and a nice time visiting.

Then we went to see my mother who recently moved to our same town a few months ago. It was nice to spend Mother's Day with her - looking back, I think it may have even been our first Mother's Day we spent together both as mothers.
After that, we went home and Steve and the girls gave me with presents and lots of homemade cards, signs and bookmarks (my favorite kinds of gifts!) Then they surprised me with a lotion footrub...

Mother's Day songs as only "A" can sing them ;-)

and my big surprise of the evening came from "M". She entered a contest at Chick-fil-A and wrote an essay about me. She's been conspiring with her daddy lately but for a good cause ;-)

Here's what she wrote...

I am doing a contest for, "The Best Mom in the World"! Here is my S.A.

What my Mom Means to me

Dear family and friends,

I joined this contest because my mom is loving, wise, inspiring and kind. She always makes time for me and my sister and cares for us! Also she likes to do things for me like take us shopping, to the park and on field trips. In addition to that, she spends a lot of time homeschooling us. This is our third year to home school and I like it very much. She also has a painting job on the side and loves painting kids murals! My mom has spent a lot of time painting rooms in our house. She has painted our room, bathroom, hideout, school room, and dance room that has a stage and a dance bar.

My mom also has a blog where she writes about us. Here is something she wrote on her blog: I am a stay-at-home/home school mom to 2 precious girls. Wife to my hubby and best friend for 16 years. I also have a side painting business where I paint faux finishes, murals, furniture, etc. - I especially love to do kid's rooms. My to-do list: love God. Laugh at myself often. Never take my family for granted. Create things. Make new friends. Enjoy every moment of life. Take pictures. Leave the world a more beautiful place. Never stop learning. Plant flowers. Live large.

Here is a poem I found on the Internet:

Mommy, I love you for all that you do.

I'll kiss you and hug you 'cause you love me, too.

You feed me and need me to teach you to play,

So smile 'cause I love you on this Mother's Day.

I love you Mom and Jesus does too!

She also found this poem on the internet and tweaked it a little with her own wording...

My mom is very sweet and always caring.

She worries about me when I am making new choices.

She makes sure that I get where I am going on time so that I don't feel out.

She cares whenever I pick on my younger sister.

She cares whenever she or I get hurt.

She cares whenever my sister scores a goal in soccer.

She cares about the buttons on my shirt.

But best of all, my mom loves all of us who live with her,

both when we're good and bad.

She makes me happy with a hug and kisses

and holds my hand whenever I am sad.

I had a very memorable day and am so appreciative of my two sweet girls.

3 comments:

Steph said...

looks like you had a great day. you are a wonderful mom that i think highly of!! what a precious letter. love ya girl.

Anonymous said...

Well I hope that you had a good Mother's Day 09.

heidi said...

Aren't those foot rubs the best!!! I'd say you had a pretty good Mother's Day.