Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Camo Closet



So what do you do when you've painted every room in your house?! Start painting the closets! Steve came up with the idea of turning our junkiest closet in the house into a hideout closet for the girls. I think he just did this so I would clean it out ;-) It had everything from a huge box of my 80's records & cassette tapes (yes - I said RECORDS & CASSETTES!) to my wedding dress to about 15 pieces of luggage (we're such world travelers, you know!). I think I got rid of everything except our vacuum cleaner & I'll find a new home for my wedding dress (as long as the girls don't hide it with their dress-up clothes!)

So then once we got the closet cleaned out, Steve painted it pink. Of course, I couldn't just leave it plain pink - so I decided to paint a pink & green camouflage pattern on it. I threw in a pink rug, some body pillows & a couple of baskets to put their stuff - I mean "valuables" in. We did most of this project this past weekend when the girls were at Steve's parent's house for the weekend. Then we surprised them tonight when they came home from church. They are already saying they want to sleep in there & make it their new homeschool room. I'm thinkin' it's a little small for that but maybe it would be a good incentive to get their work done so they can play in their new hideout!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me??? You are AMAZING! I love this! I bet the girls were THRILLED! Very cool!

Would you please come repaint my kids' bathroom that is still "sick poop green" from our paint mishap months ago?? I am the world's worst decorator! You rock!

Just Wedeminute said...

It turned out so cute!!!! Kylan's room is the green camo and I am thinking about painting it camo...was it hard??
Makenzie wants to come play now she thinks it's "the bomb dot com"

E's Mom said...

Soo cute! I am just amazed that you have a closet you don't need. I don't think I even know what that means! Great job! You are so creative!!

6 Happy Hearts said...

Siesta you know I want a twinkie closet now ; ) The boys want to come visit the girls new hideout!
Great job!!