Friday, August 12, 2011

Our Craft/School Closet Makeover

Our girls recently spent three days with their grandparents for their annual "Cousin Vacation" - something they really look forward to every summer. I have to say I kinda look forward to it, too, because it gives me three days to kick it in gear and get some stuff done around the house. This year I decided to tackle our school/game room. We redid that room for them a few years ago - sigh - I can remember the one day it was so clean ;-)


And now look at it...

Just keepin' it real

Why in the world I still have every dress I ever
wore to a formal or wedding in my lifetime, I'll
never know! Actually, now that I think about it,
the fabric from the dresses will be great cut up
in future craft projects! Guess I'll be saving
them after all!

We have a closet connected to our school/game room that was in dire need of a good cleaning. It was quite pitiful - buttons, glitter, plastic gems, scrapbook paper everywhere! Nothing was organized and it was just one big mess! Here's a before picture...


So, with this in hand...


I got to work. Three days later, it finally looked like this...

















Ahhh - I love organization. Brings me peace. But I know that my clean closet is short-lived. Don't tell my girls this but I have to say - I kinda like the mess, too, because I know what fun they've have had in there and I know our stuff is being used. So bring on the mess! But first, let me enjoy the organization at least for a few days! ;-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go!!! I am in desperate need of the peace that comes with organization. Maybe by the end of the weekend I can get there!

Unknown said...

I can't imagine what else you've done since this! If you're anything like me, there's always a crazy spiral effect once I get started on organizing! looks great! love, love!

Just Wedeminute said...

Looks great, loving the organizational ideas!