Monday, November 28, 2011

Reminiscing About Uganda

I took my girls and one of their friends to see the Ugandan Orphans Choir at a church in Tulsa yesterday. Of course, we love anything in support of Uganda - and this was great timing because exactly one year ago today, I found myself on a plane headed for Uganda. I never thought I'd go to Africa but I'm so glad I went. I remember being scared to death and even wondered if I'd come back alive ;-) I think going to a third world country teaches you so many lessons - you can't help but come back a changed person. I was reminded of...

* How important family is,
* $$$ can't buy you happiness,
* It's better to give than to receive,
* Never take electricity, refrigeration and public sanitation for granted,
* We are majorly spoiled in America, and
* "Godliness with contentment is great gain" (1 Timothy 6:6)

Most of all, it challenged my faith and trust in God and reminded me that He has a plan for our lives. We can either accept it and take part in it or create a false happiness that does not bring joy or fulfillment.

Ahhh - I digress ;-) Here's a few pics and videos from the concert - such sweet voices and amazingly changed lives...










 I did leave my heart in Uganda and hope I can go back again someday ;-)

No comments: